Follow these instructions to import a GEDCOM file to the Family tree in ArkivDigital.
The format of the GEDCOM file has to be UTF-8 or ANSEL.
The upper limit is 50 000 people.
How to create the GEDCOM file from the program or service you are using now, check for instructions in the program/service.
Once the GEDCOM file is created, it can be imported to ArkivDigital.
- Click on the blue button Family tree at the top left in the program OR pull the small square with a small ancestral tree in it. Pull to the right.
- Two choices appear on the screen:
- Import Family tree
- Add a person
- Click on Import Family tree when in the starting view of the family tree.
- Select the GEDCOM file you want to import.
- Choose the person you want to have as the Main person in the family tree.
- Click on Import.
- A message appears on the screen telling that the file has been recieved and that the family tree is updated when the GEDCOM is imported. An e-mail is also sent when the import is finished.
- When the import is finished, another message appears telling how many people are imported, how many families, events, sources and notes. Click on OK to continue.
- Start exploring the Family tree.