To start builing your family tree you do as follows:
- Click on the blue bottom Family tree at the top left in the program or click on the square at the bottom left in the program.
- The starting view gives you two options:
- Import Family Tree
- Add a person
To start building a family tree manually:
- Click on Add a person
- A box appears to the right (Personal information). Add the information you have on this person.
This person is now the Main person, the person that the tree is based upon.
- Click Create person at the bottom of the box.
- The start of the family tree is shown in the Ancestors view (Ancestral view).
- Continue by adding the father or the mother of the Main person.
- Siblings are added in the Family view.
To start builing a family tree using a GEDCOM file:
- Click on Import Family tree when in the starting view of the family tree.
- Select the GEDCOM file you want to import.
- Choose the person you want to have as the Main person in the family tree.
- Click on Import.
- A message appears on the screen telling that the file has been recieved and that the family tree is updated when the GEDCOM is imported. An e-mail is also sent when the import is finished.
- When the import is finished, another message appears telling how many people are imported, how many families, events, sources and notes. Click on OK to continue.
- Start exploring the family tree.